Why Malaysia?

Forum for English speaking friends. Feel free to discuss any topics.
gerard
Турист
Контактная информация:

Re: Why Malaysia?

Сообщение gerard » 03 апр 2011 07:09

toyforus,
OK and 1 more thing before i forget, there's no way Siti NH can even come near to Alla Pugacheva in any way whatsoever. Not in fashion, not in fame, not in popularity, not in influence, not in number or records sold, not in number of hit songs, not in years active, not in husbands! :) not in iconic status, not in voice range and vocals etc...

Its a pity that in my 7 yrs in Moscow, i never thad the chance to met her (Alla)...still hoping though..sigh*

toyforus
Гуру

Сообщение toyforus » 03 апр 2011 07:39

Well gerard, its easy to meet Alla, she is everywhere. You know, she is doing her project "Factor A" on russian television which is an analog to Britain's "X Factor" and you just can go to sit in the audience. As for me, I think Sity has good voice maybe not the best one. But Malaysia call her the superstar even when Charice Pempengco is in the region. And Alla Pugacheva is already not the singer completely for about 10 years, she is an icon, right, and a show woman. She never had a wide-range vocals but Sity has it! Alla just could use it perfectly and add some acting part to her songs. But it's good to hear from you about Alla. Anyway, my forever music icon is Whitney Houston. And she has this international status of Singer of All Time and Nations.
Sorry for off topic.
[img]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26619598/Panorama.jpg[/img]
[color=#800080][i]Туристические консультации, билеты, индивидуальные и групповые туры и экспедиции по всей планете, в самые загадочные уголки, в различных форматах.[/i][/color]

gerard
Турист
Контактная информация:

Сообщение gerard » 03 апр 2011 08:28

toyforus,
Actually i did attend the Pesnya Goda in 2009, that's the only time i saw her on stage in person. Yes Siti has a good voice but there are other equally talented singers in Malaysia as well and i have to disagree with you about the wide range of vocals..yes she's 60 now and the age has taken its toll on her voice for the past 10 years or so. But during the soviet times; songs like Million Roses, Arlekino, Woman that sings, dve zvezdi (my favourite!!).
The first link i attached below shows her vocal prowess,acting skills and perfect showmanship.
I like Whitney too, nobody can top her off when she reaches her high notes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPFUAAroTz0&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuXC3U4l ... re=related

P/S: no problem. i like a good discussion

toyforus
Гуру

Сообщение toyforus » 03 апр 2011 09:14

gerard, frankly speaking, among Malaysian singers I prefer even not Sity but Ziana Zain and Misha Omar.
Wow, you are a real international Pugacheva's fan! She must be proud to have one! I know a lot about Alla, even some facts that not everyone does and of course I have watched all these concerts but i'm just talking about vocal range. She delivered perfectly when she was young but Million Roses, Arlekino, etc doesn't require 3 octave range which most Malaysian singers are having. For me Alla Pugacheva is... first - actrees with perfect stage presence, second - vocalist. Well, Madonna, for example, is used to be called a singer too but honestly, she is a great promoter and pr-genius/ show maker first, not a vocalist at all, maybe a dancer sometimes. And you know what's the most attractive for me in Malaysian singers... is that they still keep the melodies inside, they have it, a great melodies like in Soviet Union we had. And now all the melodies are gone and we see only naked bodies on TV with no talent, with no voice. I'm gonna show you some of the greatest Russian melodists and singers but let's go to skype because I think moderators will kill these messages for off topic. For me it's even great to meet here a person like you who loves music because I do music to.
[img]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26619598/Panorama.jpg[/img]
[color=#800080][i]Туристические консультации, билеты, индивидуальные и групповые туры и экспедиции по всей планете, в самые загадочные уголки, в различных форматах.[/i][/color]

gerard
Турист
Контактная информация:

Сообщение gerard » 03 апр 2011 09:39

toyforus,
yeah..i agree, i know a few facts too about the lip sync thingy and i understand the analogies to Madonna. And i kinda sensed a long time ago when i first discovered Russian music the similiraties to Malaysian songs.
Malaysian singers that i like are Sheila Majid, Ziana Zain and Jaclyn Victor to name a few.
Hahaha..if i was Alla's PR manager, i would ensure she stays in the limelight forever :)
I personally think what she has done to Russia is equivalent to what Edith Piaf had done for France.

Okay okay we've gone wayyy off topic.
i'm going to skype.

Сита Сафари
Турист

Сообщение Сита Сафари » 21 ноя 2011 17:31

I like Malaysia because of weather. I think that it's nice place to live here. I offer to you visit are very interesting site about Malaysian Property market. There are you can find a lot of interesting information and news about Malaysia and Russia also. Here it is web address: Deleted by moderator. Please don't post ad links on the forum.

Andrey Vorobiev
Гуру
Благодарил (а): 2 раза
Контактная информация:

Сообщение Andrey Vorobiev » 21 ноя 2011 17:47

Сита Сафари, please read the rules of the forum: especially number 7.
Всем позитива! Be positive all the time!

Вернуться в «English Club»